Intraoral & Extraoral Photography
Sometimes it is difficult for patients to fully understand the condition of their teeth in the same way the dentist does. Using an intraoral camera is a state of the art dental device that really helps you see for yourself exactly what is happening in your mouth. That way patients can see for themselves what is going on with their teeth and so can make informed decisions about what to do. We can’t imagine life without them now!
What are Intra Oral Cameras?
- A small digital camera that looks like a pen.
- Connects to our computer and a monitor or I-pad that you watch as we investigate your mouth.
- It helps our patients to more easily understand the condition of their teeth.
- The camera contains a bright LED which helps us diagnose cavities or fractures that might be difficult to see with the naked ey
Advantages of Intra-Extra Oral Cameras
- Instant: you can instantly see what we see as we investigate your teeth, and also what we do when we work on them.
- Accurate: we can take a picture of the inside of your mouth for a bigger and better look, and it really helps to track any changes over time.
- Easy referrals or second opinions: if we need to get another opinion from a specialist, we can easily take a photo and email it to them.
- Better planning: together we can discuss the best treatment plan for you as we go – you then decide how to proceed.
- Learn more: it is a great educational tool to show you exactly what is going on in your mouth… rather than our dentists merely trying to describe it to you in words!